Semantics-Based Information Management
This task is designed to infuse semantic technologies into NASA missions. Focal applications include the SemanticOrganizer information repository system, the SemanticIntegrator information integration system, the Mobile Agents exploration system and the Constellation Command, Control, Communications, and Information (C3I) Architecture. This task involves research and development in support of new capabilities, including:
- Automatic creation of semantic nodes and links by analyzing text sources.
- Automated methods of aligning overlapping but distinct ontologies.
- Semantic integration of data stored within distributed data sources, including databases, web sources and remote services.
- Parsing, geospatial tracking and display of real-time, semantically-relevant events and activities.
- Methods to facilitate the semantic interoperation of software systems.